List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       Andy Teijelo =?iso-8859-1?q?P=E9rez?= <espino () infomed ! sld ! cu>
Date:       2005-03-13 0:55:44

I strongly disagree with the entire idea of --in any way-- involving money in
the development of KDE.

>    Most people will donate only if you give them some kind of guarantee
>    that their money will be used to develop the feature they want.
>    Contributors must be able to control how their money gets used.

I don't like the "I-won't-pay-you-if-you-don't-use-my-money-for-what-I-want"
kind of people. I prefer the people that says: "I like KDE. I want it to keep
improving. I'll send its developers some money to say thanks for such a
wonderful desktop"

I wish this whole idea would get to nothing. I completely back Anne-Marie when
she called all of us to keep money from destroying all good things in this
project and concentrate on improving it.

My $0.02

Andy