List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Allow money donations for precise bugs
From:       "Gary L. Greene Jr." <greeneg () arklinux ! org>
Date:       2005-03-12 19:48:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 12 March 2005 2:01 pm, Mathias Homann wrote:
> Am Samstag, 12. März 2005 19:38 schrieb Michael Buesch:
> > > that is exactly MY point... see the referenced bug / wishlist
> > > entry: the wishlist entry is over FOUR years old and has several
> > > thousand votes already. and has it been implemented? no.
> >
> > Did you step forward and implement it? no?
>
> and this "then do it yourself" is exactly eugenias point. not everyone
> using kde is also a highly skilled developer. I myself have NO clue
> about how to implement such a feature so that it works with all types
> of mailstore.
>
> bye,
> 	MH

<soapbox>
There is a degree to what you say, however, I think you're not seeing the big
picture here Mattias. There are a LOT of other features/bugs that honestly
should get more attention, like for instance the loss of email under kmail
that George recently posted about on core-devel. The suggestion that Eugenia
spoke of is impossible for the size of infrastructure needed to allow us to
implement it without basically ignoring the input from it. Additionally, to
paraphrase Anne-Marie, there are developers that are in this for money, and
then there are those of us that are developers for the love of it. This means
while bounties may influence us, that doesn't mean that it rules us. Now
please, let us get back to developing the best damn *NIX desktop out there.
</soapbox>

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel

Developer and Project Lead for the PhoeNUX OS.
 check out http://www.phoenuxos.com/ for more info.
EMAIL : greeneg@arklinux.com