On Saturday 12 March 2005 08:45 am, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote: > It would suck having money involved in such a way and I personally would > probably pack my C++ tools and say my goodbyes. > > Instead of discussing that, couldn't we discuss about the project, couln't > we write more docs, couldn't we express our satisfaction to people who > achieve great things instead of always moaning? Yes we can. The project > moves away because great people spend a lot of time for it, for free, > because they like it. Let's thanks them and let's help them. > I did not read the article you mention. However, this is our (community) > responsability what KDE is, everyone can help. You can write 5 text lines > unformatted and send them to the doc team: you're making KDE a step closer > to the user. You can test some bugs and add a comment: you're making KDE a > step closer to the user. > I understand that it is easier to donate money than time and people think > they do their part with that. In some cases this is valid but in some cases > this is not. I find myself involved in several real life local projects > where I give my time and I believe it makes a difference while money will > not. > > You idea is not about donation, not about freedom, it's about getting > something for money-> trade, commerce. Agreed. Don't let money destroy a good thing here. Keith >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<