Mathias Homann wrote: > Am Samstag, 12. März 2005 09:09 schrieb Boudewijn Gailliaert: > >>Hi Maurizio, >> >>I like the idea, but I am pretty shure that a company like MS would >>donate a lot of money to skip a few good options in KDE. >>How would you handle such situations? > > > i guess his idea would make that impossible. > the way i understand him, he wants a "donate" button as an extension > of the voting system (think of it as "hey i not only vote for bug > number #abcdef to get fixed, i even pay some cash for it"). Yes but not quite. I give you an example of what I am proposing. 1. I file a bug (say "side bar with recent folders history"); 2. Some developer (Jack) decides to take car of the task, and says: "I can implement this feature in 3 months for 5000$. I declare donations open. Donations close in 20 days, on September 6 2005. 3. People begin donating freely. 4. After 20 days, on September 6 2005: (a) if the 5000$ threshold was reached, Jack begins working, and he *must* deliver within 3 months. (b) if the 5000$ were not reached, the money is refunded to the donators (or at least it because reusable for other tasks). --- Notice there are two times to be decided: 1. six months. This is the _maximum_ time needed to implement the feature. 2. september 6 2005. We cann call this the "restitution date". they should be all decided by the developer, I believe. Maurizio >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<