List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Old kicker bug that can be closed
From:       Barış_Metin <baris () uludag ! org ! tr>
Date:       2005-03-11 12:43:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Çarşamba 9 Mart 2005 18:01 tarihinde, Aaron J. Seigo şunları yazmıştı:
> On Wednesday 09 March 2005 08:17, Barış Metin wrote:
> > I've experimented it a couple of times with our distribution. It's very
> > hard for novice users to find out how to launch KMenu.
>
> something i've considered doing is popping up the mouse over effect for the
> K Menu on the first time kicker is started, triggered by the same thing
> that causes the default buttons to be added to the panel the first time.

It can be very good to attract the user's attention at first. But IMHO, KMenu
is the second most used part of kicker (after taskbar). Especially non-expert
users use it very often.

> > To widen the KButton
> > if the panel size is smaller than 35 pixels may make sense?
>
> which only makes sense if we change the default set up of kicker. otherwise
> this change, which helps novice users the MOST (though it is of benefit to
> others too), wouldn't be part of the default set up.

I agree.

> the larger question of "what to do on larger panels" wuld still remain,
> though. i'd like some consistency but don't want it to look fugly =) it
> just comes down to having time to play around with it, which i don't have
> right now.

Yes I know, it's a difficult question to answer :(. GNOME simply expands the
button but it looks ugly. AFAIK, Windows draw the button at the top, which is
somewhat a cleaner approach.

regards,
--
Baris Metin