List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMdi horribly broken?
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-03-10 13:16:51

Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> could it be that getting a signal when a KMdiChildView looses focus
> (i.e. I switch to another view in the tabbar) isn't possible? Actually
> getting the lostFocus signal is fine, but when changing the view via
> choosing another tab I get 2 activated and 2 lostFocus signals. Even
> worse the KMdiChildview* parameter points to the same view everytime
> the signal is emitted.

> Is this expected behaviour? Then how can I disconnect from the old
> view and reconnect to  the new view, when chaning the view? (I mean
> disconnect signals from slots of the view)? I tried to use
> viewActivated and viewDeactivated from KMdiMainFrm, but only
> viewActived is emitted when chaning the view (i.e. the slot connected
> to viewDeactivated is never called). Then I tried with activated and
> lostFocus of the KMdiChildView, but as I said above I never get a
> lostFocus signal from the "old view". I don't want to dive into the
> source of KMdi just to figure this out.

I hope this is a bit related to you problems:
In KexiDialogBase, I've reimpelmented KMdiChildView with KexiDialogBase
and I am calling KMdiChildView::activate() when needed, look here:

http://webcvs.kde.org/koffice/kexi/core/kexidialogbase.cpp?rev=1.108&view=markup

Also look at KexiDialogBase::addView() - setting focus proxy can help
with focusing.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team

  Developers Wanted! http://www.kexi-project.org
  KDElibs/Win http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDElibs+for+win32