List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: building rc1 on amd64 fails
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-28 22:44:45

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Rafael [iso-8859-1] Rodríguez wrote:
> /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/libGL.a(glapi.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used
> when making a shared object; recompile with-fPIC
> /usr/lib/libGL.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Exactly what it says: your libGL.a is of a kind (using 32-bit offsets or
something like that -- the exact details of amd64 linking are beyond me)
that cannot be mixed with 64-bit shared libraries. If you have a libGL.so,
you could massage the build to link to that instead, or get rid of libGL
entirely in that link line and see what happens.

Or follow the instructions, and recompile with -fPIC, but that may not be
a viable option.