List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using Wiki for KDE (User/Devel) Documentation
From:       Derrick Wippler <derrick () logicalsi ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 18:34:21

<sarcasm>
 I didn't know you could embed images in a text file?
</sarcasm>

So let me get this straight, I'll write a big text file worth of
documentation. With function definitions, Example code, Screen shots, Tables
of example data and smash it all into a text file. And someone will in
*their* spare time take my mess and format it into docbook?

So, I submit my text documentation several times. ( because I found some
spelling errors, and I added some new features so I document them also )
meanwhile "middle man" begins formating by first doc, but now has too other
updated copies, with which to merge with the first partly formated copy.

Nice, but wouldn't it be nicer to eliminate the middle man, with a few extra
key strokes format my own documentation with *simple* Wiki markup?
Simplification is rarely ever a bad thing.

That is all we are saying. ( It doesn't mean it has to happen, it's just a
thought ),

<exaggeration>
Text file submit date 2006 - Document enters CVS 2007.
</exaggeration>

*Derrick Wipes Lauri's bleeding eyes* "It's OK, sometimes change is good"

Cheers, Derrick