List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using Wiki for KDE (User/Devel) Documentation
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-28 17:48:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 28 February 2005 15.13, Derrick Wippler wrote:
> I agree, Wiki syntax is not only much easier to write than Docbook, it's
> sexier.
>
> ===
>  This is '''important''' never stick the tines of a fork
> in an electrical outlet.
> ===
>
> Is much easier than docBook

I think my head is going to explode.

*YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WRITE DOCBOOK!*

Do it in a wiki first, if that floats your boat, we don't care.  Whatever.
Send us the link when you think it is publishable.

It's going to be docbook when it gets into CVS, because that is what we have
the processing toolchain, the technological investment, and the translation
toolchain.  That doesn't mean *you* have to ever touch it to contribute, and
using it as the primary excuse to not, is getting old.

Regards,
--
Lauri "my eyes are bleeding" Watts
KDE Documentation: http://docs.kde.org