List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Status on indexing system
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-02-25 16:08:31

Oh, I should announce: pinned down the RAM usage problems.  Seems PyQt
leaks at least when converting QStrings into regular Python strings. Now
the process' image size is stable at approx 60MB VRAM, 4MB RSS (resident
set size), after indexing 151.000 files.

This means, for now, that no plugin will be able to use the KDE KFile
interface abstraction.  No MP3s for me, until I get id3lib.
--
Manuel Amador <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
Amauta