List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Status on indexing system
From:       Manuel Amador <rudd-o () amautacorp ! com>
Date:       2005-02-23 21:33:12

Hi,

I'm advancing, slowly, with the project I proposed to the list a few
days ago.  I'm struggling with scalability/database issues right now,
but as soon as I get over them, I'll start working on a simple frontend
a la Beagle.  For what it's worth, searching songs by The Beatles on
70.000 files now takes under 0.4 seconds.

I need advice on how best to interface with client apps.  I'm using an
XML-RPC server right now, both on port 2081 and on a local socket.  The
idea is that the frontend app (a kuniqueapp) runs in the systray, and
provides a dcop interface which, in turn, will ask the xml-rpc interface
itself, and relay results to client apps.  Would that be okay/optimum?

luck,
--
Manuel Amador <rudd-o@amautacorp.com>
Amauta