List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using Wiki for KDE (User/Devel) Documentation
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2005-02-21 21:12:43

On Monday 21 February 2005 9:05 pm, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 9:47 am, Jes Hall wrote:
> > > [Self-advertising follows]
> > >
> > > Quanta (from CVS) has quite good docbook support. I was able to update
> > > our own handbook without having too much docbook writing experience.
> >
> > That sounds pretty fantastic! Just for reference, Kate has good basic
> > docbook support including a handbook template with macros to help out
> > newbies, and for those wanting a more complete tool emacs with the psgml
> > mode is just mind-blowingly powerful. I'll definitely have to give quanta
> > a whirl though from the sounds of it :)
>
> Yah, but nothing beats going to www.foo.com/wiki/pagebla and clicking the
> edit button
>
> -Benjamin Meyer

Oh and am can't have been the first to think of this, but image if the kde
api's were up online like php.net's?  Any user could submit additions to
functions/classes.  Examples, tips, tricks.  It would probably be a bit of
work to get setup (or doesn't doxygen have some sort of xml output?) but this
would probably very quickly become a very powerfull documentation system.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox
Public Key: http://www.icefox.net/public_key.asc