List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to pass a password to `mount`?
From:       "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-02-20 5:04:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 19 February 2005 20:41, Brad Hards wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:32 pm, Mark A. Taff wrote:
> > Thanks Brad.  It does work on the command line.  Now to get it working
> > from perl.
>
> Why perl? Just a shell script:
> #! /bin/sh
> kdialog --password "enter the password" | mount /dev/loop0 -p 0
>
> Brad

You're right, the command itself is easy (now that I know it ;-) ), but I know
perl a _lot_ better than than I know bash scripting.

I also like to take extra time when I do something like this for myself to add
some extra options to the script, such as help, a string table for easy
translation, ability to use it for other devices, etc.  I know I can do all
that in bash, but it is far easier for me to do it in perl.

Redirection is something that generally gives me headaches.  Thanks for your
help.  If anyone is interested, the finished script should be up on kde-apps
soon.

--
Mark A. Taff