List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to pass a password to `mount`?
From:       "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-02-20 3:57:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 19 February 2005 19:41, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 19 February 2005 08:26, Mark A. Taff wrote:
> > I have created an encrypted file (/dev/loop0), but kde will not pass or
> > prompt for a password before trying to mount the device.  So I am writing
> > a quick perl script to do this with KDialog's help.
>
> perhaps using kdesu would work better in this case, assuming all you are
> using kdialog for is to prompt for the password?

Yes, that is all I'm using kdialog for.  However, the password for the
encrypted loop device is >16 characters, and is not shared by any other user
(root, mark, etc).  I normally only use 10 chars for root, and 7 for users.

Will kdesu allow me to pass such a long password to mount?

Thanks Aaron.

--
Mark A. Taff