List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A search service for KDE
From:       Eike Welk <eike.welk () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2005-02-19 1:02:14

I think this is great!

I have two ideas for enhancements:

For people at German universities OCR of some special .pdf would be
usefull.
When you order a paper through JASON-JADE you get a .pdf which
contains one image for each page. These files need OCR to index their
contents.

Recurse into .tar.gz and tar.bz2.
In the olden Pentium 200 days I did compress everything which I didn't
use regularly. Now my disc is bigger but the stuff is still
compressed.

Keep up the (presumably) good work,
Eike.