List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: DCOP help needed for KPDF bug
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-18 23:46:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 18 February 2005 19:24, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> We do have some
>
> DCOPClient * client = DCOPClient::mainClient();
> if ( !client->isAttached() )
>     client->attach();
> if ( !client->isApplicationRegistered("kttsd") )
>     if ( KApplication::startServiceByName( "KTTSD" ) )
>         Settings::setUseKTTSD( false );
>
> and kpdf part itself is a DCOPObject.
>
> Can this be causing the problem?

I noticed this code in kttsd, I think it's open for improvement (will make
some fixes) but I don't see anything obviously wrong with it that could cause
this.

The "DCOPServer::DCOPReply for unknown connection." error suggests that some
process makes a function call and either crashes while waiting for the reply,
or has its dcop connection renamed or terminated while waiting for the reply.
That's all rather unusual.

Does valgrind show anything weird?

Cheers,
Waldo