List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: "Niceness" for network transfers
From:       Rainer Wirtz <rainer.wirtz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-02-18 17:30:32

Thanks Eike, Thiago

It seems like throtteling as Thiago described it is the way to go. I
looked at the http and ftp slaves and it seems they use the
libc-sockets as defined in sys/sockets.h. So I could go by with a
custom job implemenation.
This would leave unsolved the problem of how to find out when there are
other transfers that you (read: my application) wants to grant
priority. Maybe wondershaper has find a good trick for that. Idealy
this would work for non-kde applications as well. I'll have a look.

Rainer