List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The making of a handbook
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2005-02-17 19:47:16

On Friday 18 February 2005 12:16 am, Bobby wrote:
> I am wanting to make create a "handbook" for my KDE application Kconfigure
> (i.e. Help-> Kconfigure Handbook)  Can someone point me in the direction of
> a tutorial for writing KDE style handbooks?  What tools do we have
> available to someone who want to write a handbook?  For format do we write
> our handbooks in?  Thanks for the info...

The best place to start is i18n.kde.org.  This page, in particular:

  http://i18n.kde.org/doc/gettingstarted.php

As you will see, KDE Handbooks are written in DocBook (XML) format.  ATM,
there aren't any WYSIWYG DocBook editors, unfortunately, so most people write
their handbooks using Quanta or Kate.

If you have additional questions, channel #kde-docs on irc.kde.org is a good
place to go, but keep in mind that translators are very busy at the moment
preparing for KDE 3.4 final release.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer