List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror crashes when I try to start it
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2005-02-15 14:33:22

On Monday 14 February 2005 6:28 am, Jure Repinc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After doing an update from CVS today and then compiling kdelibs Konqueror
> crashes every time I try to start it. Here is the backtrace:

Hello, Everyone
I have had a lot of crashes with Konqueror for about a week or more.  Mostly
when dragging and dropping while in the "info list" view.  But now I got a
really cool (?) crash:  when I try to access "http://kde.org", Konqueror
crashes!  Actually, let me clarify: I just discovered that that only happens
if I type in the URL in "kfmclient"  The full command is:
"kfmclient openProfile filemanagement"
My other discovery is that if I open a terminal window and type "konqueror",
it does crash every time, without even opening at all.

The backtrace for when "kfmclient" crashes when attempting to access
"kde.org":
http://12.203.241.24/kfmclient-backtrace.txt

The backtrace for when "konqueror" crashes when started from a terminal
window:
http://12.203.241.24/konqueror-backtrace.txt

Just for kicks, I started "konqueror" from the KDE start menu:
http://12.203.241.24/konqueror-FromStartMenu-backtrace.txt

I am running Fedora Core 3, all official updates installed.  KDE is from CVS
HEAD, compiled against QT that ships with FC3.  Also, I compile CVS HEAD
using Unsermake and gcc4.

Just in case it is relevant, here is a link to a tarball of about ten
backtraces of konqueror crashing while dragging and dropping in "info list"
http://12.203.241.24/konqueror-backtraces.tar

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick