List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: freedesktop.org compliant trashcan
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2005-02-15 9:55:44

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 15. Februar 2005 10:31 schrieb Maurizio Colucci:
>
>>At the code level, how will we be able to move a file to the trash? Will
>>there be a KIO::trash() function?
>
> Yes, there is.

Thank you Stephan. I saw it now in the CVS api reference. :-)

But the doc does not specify the semantics of trash(). Will it move the
file across filesystems, or will it use the $topdir/.Trash-$uid folder?

Do you suggest using the ioslave (only present in CVS it seems) or this
function?

Thank you ^_^

Maurizio