List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem compiling
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-14 10:02:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Monday 14 February 2005 05:47, Andy wrote:
> On Mon February 14 2005 00:19, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > this is why i use simple scripts to build modules for me. they are more
> > dependable than me, never forgetting a step! ;)
>
> Are you sure that it's a good idea to rely on scripts?   I mean if there is
> a compile error will the script blindly continue installation? Furthermore
> I compile a package and then do su -c 'make install' if compile was
> successfull.  When using a script how to implement this?

make && sudo make install ?

I have attached the compile script that I use.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download
bastian@suse.com  |   http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/eval.html

["compile_all" (application/x-shellscript)]

#!/bin/bash

cd $CVSDIR
CDPATH=""
summary=~/.built_summary
log=~/.built_log
name=`basename $0`

date > $summary
date > $log
config=`cat config.options`
pwd=$PWD
for a in `cat modules`; do
cd $a*
  result=0
  if [ -e nobuild ]; then
     action="Skipping"
     result=1
  fi
  if [ $result$name == 0compile_all ]; then
     action="Preparing $PWD"
     echo $action
     if test -d admin; then
        echo Admin OK;
     else
        ln -s ../kde-common/admin;
        echo Admin FIXED;
     fi
     make -f Makefile.cvs >> $log 2>&1
     result=$?
  fi
  if [ $result$name == 0compile_all ]; then
     action="Configuring $PWD"
     echo $action
     rm config.cache >> $log 2>&1
     if [ -e config.options ]; then
        module_config=`cat config.options`
     fi
     ./configure $config $module_config >> $log 2>&1
     result=$?
  fi
  if [ $result == 0 ]; then
     action="Cleaning $PWD"