List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem compiling
From:       Andy <andy () vlaamse-kern ! com>
Date:       2005-02-13 18:40:56

Hi all

I compiled qt then kdesupport kdelibs kdebase

I installed qt in a seperate dir to be able to keep track of it.   /qt-copy

After system restart the kde desktop loads but without doing anything.  When
starting in commandline mode I discovered that the QTDIR variable was not set
to qt-copy

Rather then to find out where to change that I made a symbolic link from my
old qt dir to the new one.  After that I managed to start kde ONE time.
Subsequent starts provoque the same problem as before.

I am now forced using gnome until this issue is resolved.  Any help is GREATLY
appreciated.  Thanks

With kind regards

Andy