List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KURL isLocalFile media:/
From:       Kévin_Ottens <ervin () ipsquad ! net>
Date:       2005-02-12 20:43:50

Le Samedi 12 Février 2005 21:24, Kurt V. Hindenburg a écrit :
>   Why does isLocalFile return true for file:///bin/bash, but false for
> media:/part6/log/2005-02-05-07/kdebase?  It appears anything with file:/
> returns true and anything media:/ returns false.

Because in KDE isLocalFile is true only for URL in file:/ ...

> I'm trying to allow dropping of media:/ onto konsole.  One of the
> conditions for allowing 'cd' and 'ln' is if the link isLocalFile().

If you're able to have a KFileItem, you'll be able to guess this correctly.
You should stat() your URL, allocate a KFileItem instance from the result and
then use the mostLocalURL() method on the resulting object.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."