List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: packages containing libtool
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2005-02-12 20:14:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Keith P. Boruff wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I noticed that many of the packages (at least the ones I've dealt with)
>contain their own libtool programs instead of using the system's
> libtool?
>
>Why is this?

Because:

1) not every system has libtool

2) our shipped libtool is modified

Any of those two reasons is enough to make shipping libtool mandatory.

You can upgrade the libtool in a package with "libtoolize". But don't do
it in a KDE program.
--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.