List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs3 and IPV6
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-02-11 12:49:25

On 10.Feb 2005 - 16:18:03, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Jason Keirstead wrote:
> >If you don't want / need / care about Ipv6, then it shouldn't affect the
> >desktop negatively.  I have found here that disabling IPv6 in kdelibs
> > myself, has had a noticeable increase in network performance, even
> > though my local DNS server seems totally IPv6 compliant from what I can
> > see.
>
> I think the problem lies in a layer even below KDE.

But then, why is KDE the only "app" (in particular konqueror and
kbear) that does these ipv6 dns lookups even if no kernel support for
IPv6 is enabled. I tried a wget-line which was given to me on the
german debian-user list which did not result in a ipv6 lookup. Also no
other browser is doing these lookups....

Andreas

--
You will be called upon to help a friend in trouble.