Torsdag 10 februar 2005 03:49 skrev Stephan Kulow: > Am Wednesday 09 February 2005 18:32 schrieb Paul Temple: > > If anyone is interested in my opinion... ;) > > > > If kde was available on windows, it _might_ turn some linux > > people to windows, as there are some applications, but > > especially drivers that don't have linux counterparts. It's > > still a sad thing in linux: in order to buy a notebook I need to > > check so many things to make sure linux supports all of > > firewire, bluetooth, graphics (not vesa), etc... "It ain't no > > fun". > > Just go with a vendor that knows what linux is and you will be > suprised just how smooth the process can be. > > Greetings, Stephan Well, yes, I did that I thought, bought a compaq (hp) nx5000 with suse 9.1 preinstalled. If you are interested in my experience (that ended very good by the way, but not without a lot of work), I will write it up. Erik >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<