List:       kde-devel
Subject:    running a KProcess as root...?
From:       "Christopher J. Bottaro" <cjbottaro () alumni ! cs ! utexas ! edu>
Date:       2005-02-10 7:58:08

Hello,
        More than just run a KProcess as root, I want to authenticate the user as
root _once_ for the duration of my program after the first time he/she
tries to start a KProcess.  If that first authentication was successful,
all subsequent KProcesses won't ask for authentication.

        For some reason, I feel like this functionality is built into the KDE libs,
but I can't find it.  I seem to remember some KDE control modules using
some standard KDE dialog for authentication.

        Even if it isn't built into the libs, I'm open to any suggestions on a
clever, clean, or efficient way to to do this.

Thanks for the help,
-- C