List:       kde-devel
Subject:    weird problem with kdelibs and QProgressBar
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2005-02-02 23:27:54

Hello,

I have weird problem with my kdelibs and Krusader.

History:
Long time ago I was using qt3.3.0 from Trolltech, it was good but small
bugs convinced me to upgrade. Qt compilation is PITA and used Mdk10.1
qt3.3.3 packages. It was few months ago. Since then I recompiled kdelibs
few times from scratch with make distclean, force-reedit, even
removing and checkouting few times when CVS failed to make proper
update. Note: I never made 'make uninstall'.

I've had no problems with Qt change. Of couse I had to recompile all KDE
programs because of styles compatibility but that was obvious and gone
without problems.

Problem:
Among those programs (between many others like krename, kradio, basket
to name a few) was Krusader. I was updating and compiling version from
CVS for a long time without any problem. Suddenly something was broken.

Compilation fails at linking with reference to libkdeui and incompatible
QProgressBar:

/usr/local/kde/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to
`QProgressBar::~QProgressBar()'
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
 make[3]: *** [krusader] Error 1

qprogressbar.h from Mdk's qt3.3.3 and TT's qt3.3.0 has small
differences but this message is really strange. Looks like
libkdeui suddenly has problems with Qt.

Any possible explanations and solutions?

TIA

m.

Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net