Em Domingo 30 Janeiro 2005 22:30, Rainer Wirtz escreveu: > Am Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005 10:46 schrieb David Faure: > > Thanks, this looks better. > > I wonder about "save background image as" (slotSaveBackground()), > > File / "save as" (which calls slotSaveDocument()) > > and "Save Frame As" (slotSaveFrame()) : > > why do they use saveURLDirect instead of saveURL? Shouldn't those > > things use the download manager too? > > (Same question about khtmlrun). Basically I'm wondering why any code > > outside of khtml_ext would want to call saveURLDirect instead of > > saveURL? > > I did this for two reasons: > save background, save document and save frame don't "feel" like download > operations to me, because normally the document is already there (in > cache). OTOH same is true for "save image as". > When a document is in cache and I'm offline when saving (not uncommon > for me, modem user) then kget is not saving immediately. It adds a > transfer to it's list and waits until either I go online or I start the > transfer by hand. Not using kget in this case is more "smooth". > > After thinking about it I think The Right Thing(tm) would be to make all > save operation via kget and to have kget check for availability in > cache even when offline. And come to think of it check for availabilty > in cache when online and the new transfer is queued behind already > running transfers (so it doesn't wait until those transfers are > finished). > > I changed the patch again and will start looking into changing kget now. > Since saveURL() is now always called, there's no need to have a separat > saveURLDirect() and I merged the two. > You may want to wait with commiting until kget is fixed. > > Note that "konfig-file konquerorrc; group HTML Settings; PathEntry > DownloadManager" are all hardcoded into khtml, breaking a hypothetical > kmyperfectbrowser to use khtml. > > While we're at it. I'm very much used to use "RMB->save link as" on > html pages. Downloading from ftp has no comparable functionality. I > either have to use the drop-target or "LMB->save as" in the dialog that > pops up then (which does not work when offline). I would like to have > "RMB->copy to->..." use kget as well. I will submit a patch, but only > after kget has learned to handle folders. Otherwise this would be a > loss in functionality and users would complain. > > Rainer I see that add some lines to the patch, so in what do "we" stay? cheers, Zé >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<