List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kde uic plugins
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 () faith4miracle ! org>
Date:       2005-01-27 21:57:06

On Thursday 27 January 2005 2:25 pm, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 27 January 2005 21:18, Paul Bourke wrote:
> > The config.log doesnt seem to say anything significant, heres a few
> > lines..
>
> Read the right lines, not the first or last :)
> Look for "checking if UIC has KDE plugins available" in there. The error
> message is just under it.
>
> Another tip: try if moving away $HOME/.qt/qt_plugins_3.3rc helps.

Hello, Everyone
I will look into this more later, since I need to run out the door to go to
work now.  But as the following thread shows:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=110077131703718&w=2

I had the same problem a few months ago.  Unfortunately, I don't remember
exactly what fixed it.  Does it have anything to do with what version of GCC
is used?  I know that for a while KDE from CVS HEAD did not like the version
of GCC that Fedora Core 3 shipped with.  So ever since I disovered that (and
ever since I figured out how to) I have been using GCC4 instead.  Don't
remember though if that was the exact problem.
Just in case you happen to have a package named gcc4 on your system, try
putting this in your ~/.bash_profile:
CC=gcc4
export CC

Before you compile, do "su - RegularUsername" and then KDE will compile using
gcc4.
Another question I thought of: I understand that you only have one version of
QT installed.  Have you ever had another one installed?

Anyway, need to be going :)
Steven P. Ulrick