List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SOAP Second Act
From:       Jan Ekholm <chakie () infa ! abo ! fi>
Date:       2005-01-24 10:17:34

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:

>On Monday 24 January 2005 09:50, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>> What do you want to achieve with UPnP? Do you want to access content
>> directories (media servers), work as a renderer, control point or
>> something more generic and not related to UPnP AV?
>At first, the main goal is to find out what a device is/support. Then I think
>I'll focus more on IGD as this is better my "field".
>But when a frame for handling UPnP is done, adding support for other pieces
>should be simpler than rewriting the support from scratch.

Ok, this sounds logical. The hardest part is (at least has been so far) to
get the UPnP base infrastructure up an running so that devices and
services are discovered, events subscribed to etc. To then work with a
different device is more an issue of some customized code to "know" what
the device provides and what data to throw to its controlURL.

--
  Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist
       in the presence of an optimist.