List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Reimplementing KIconViewItem
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-01-24 2:05:44

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with KIconView(Item) here. I need some extension
of the base classes, but I'm not sure which is better. I separate Data
from View and thus have 2 ImageLists, one storing my ImageObjects, the
other being the KIconView. Now the problem is, moving Images around in
the ImageList is not easily adoptable to the KIconView (I'd have to
iterate over all KIconViewItems and compute the key to compare it with
the actual value).

So far my idea is to Subclass KIconViewItem and store a pointer to the
actual Image in it. This leads me to the question: I will rewrite
pixmap() and key(), but I'm absolutely unsure about which other
functions I need to reimplement or call?

Or does anybody have a suggestion for a better solution (maybe without
subclassing KIconViewItem)?

Andreas

--
So you're back... about time...