List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kickerapplet and QToolTip
From:       Gerd Mueller <gmueller () it4sport ! de>
Date:       2005-01-10 10:51:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

because after spending days on unsuccessfully finding any solution for a problem, I \
hope the list may give me a tip. I started to write my very first Kickerapplet. \
Everything works fine, except the QToolTips. They work as expected after starting the \
applet manualy. But beeing started with kde they never appear. I don't know what's \
wrong. I tried everything (maybeTip, QToolTip::add, ...). I would like to keep using \
maybeTip because the applet is very simple. Every single ToolTips from my installed \
kicker applets from the kde packages work perfectly. So please help me, what wrong?

Here are the parts of my program:

KTLight::KTLight (const QString & configFile, Type type, int actions,
		  QWidget * parent, const char *name):
KPanelApplet (configFile, type, actions, parent,
name),QToolTip(this),m_prefDialog (0)
{
m_ToolTip="foo bar";

void KTLight::maybeTip ( const QPoint & pos ) {
  tip(rect(), m_ToolTip);
}

inside the class definition:

private: