List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: command line trash
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-07 22:32:43

On Friday 07 January 2005 05:16, steven a wrote:
> Hi KDE guys.
>
> My KDE compatible command line Trash program is
> getting pretty solid.

When you say KDE-compatible, do you mean the old ~/Desktop/Trash/,
or KDE-3.4's kio_trash implementation of the freedesktop trash specification?
(http://www.ramendik.ru/docs/trashspec.html)

> You're welcome to include the Trash program with KDE
> if you think it's any good. (Rename it to "ktrash" ?).

There's a ktrash already, as part of the kio_trash implementation,
with the options --empty   and --restore <fileid>, so another name
might be preferrable :-)

> Linux needs a half decent command line trash program.

Actually "kfmclient move <url> trash:/" works fine here :)