List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: make -f Makefile.cvs failes for kdeextragear-1
From:       Jonathan Brugge <j.d.brugge () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2005-01-07 19:42:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 07 January 2005 19:17, Miles Stevenson wrote:
> gwenview/gvimageutils/Makefile.am:9: libgvimageutils_la_SOURCES was already
> defined in condition TRUE, which implies condition GV_USE_MMX_TRUE
>
>   libgvimageutils_la_SOURCES (User, where =
> gwenview/gvimageutils/Makefile.am:9) +=
>   {
>     TRUE => \
>         gvimageutils.cpp \
>         jpegcontent.cpp \
>         scale.cpp \
>         transupp.c
>
>   }
> gwenview/gvimageutils/Makefile.am:9: warning: automake does not support
> conditional definition of libgvimageutils_la_SOURCES in
> libgvimageutils_la_SOURCES
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string
> at /usr/bin/automake-1.6 line 8449.
>
> : am_libgvimageutils_la_OBJECTS was already defined in condition TRUE,
> : which
>
> implies condition GV_USE_MMX_TRUE
>   am_libgvimageutils_la_OBJECTS (Automake, where = undefined) =
>   {
>     TRUE => gvimageutils.lo jpegcontent.lo scale.lo transupp.lo
>   }
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I solved this by turning the following lines in
gwenview/gvimageutils/Makefile.am into comments:

if GV_USE_MMX
libgvimageutils_la_SOURCES += asm_scale.S
endif

That doesn't give any errors and it builds. I suppose that it wasn't needed
(and maybe not smart at all) to turn the assignment into a comment instead of
only the if-statement, but I'm not familiar with automake and this at least
suppressed all errors.

[OT]
There's another problem in kdeextragear-1, in k3b/libk3b. It has problems with
a missing target for dummy.c - just adding an empty target 'dummy.c' fixed
this for me.
[/OT]

Jonathan Brugge