List:       kde-devel
Subject:    More verbose umount error message
From:       Falco Hirschenberger <hirschen () itwm ! fraunhofer ! de>
Date:       2005-01-05 9:45:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I think it's very confusing for a user not to be able to umount a device if
another process accesses it. The error message says that the umounting is
blocked by a process, but the PID or the process name is not shown.

I thought of a feature like gathering the PID and the process-cmd with a
routine like in *fuser -m /dev/device* and raising the process window if it
is a KDE app. Optionally It should be possible to *force* killing the
accessing process to make it possible to umount the device in any case if the
priviliges match without the necessity to switch to konsole.

What do you think?

Greets

 Falco

--