List:       kde-devel
Subject:    free text to speech software
From:       "steven powter" <s_powter () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-07 11:05:03

Hi everybody,

I apologise -- I wrote a similar email to this one, around 16th December
2004. Unfortunately, I could not get any of my responses for some strange
reason.

Hence me having to try again.

PLEASE NOTE:

Can anyone responding to these questions please not reply to the following
email address :

kde-devel@mail.kde.org

But rather,could you please reply to the following email address instead :

ballerina7@bigpond.com

Could anybody help me please :

1) I believe there are at least 3 different types of free text to speech
software available. Unfortunately,
I have forgotten what they were and where to find them. Could somebody
please give me that info and about any further text to speech programs that
would be free or cheap and hopefully also of the better quality ? I'd be
grateful.

2) Just another question -- is there any important difference between
CD-ROM's and DVD's in the following context: if I have some footage and I
want to play it on my computer -- and it is on DVD -- and my computer only
has CD player -- would it play on my computer ? Is it certain that a DVD
cannot play on a computer CD player ? ie would one have to replace the CD
player on your computer,
with a DVD player ?

3) And I assume that would be software required to be able to play footage
on my computer.
Could anyone recommend some good and hopefully free or cheap such software ?
I know about Windows Media Player -- but I am assuming this isn't the best
to use necessarily ? I may be wrong ?

4) If I have a printer and a scanner with my computer -- can you please tell
me if I can get software that enables me to use this hardware as a
photocopier machine ? Is there such software available on the net and
hopefully maybe for free or relatively cheaply ?

Thanks very much.

S.Powter