List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-06 10:32:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 06 January 2005 02:50, dirk.schoenberger@sz-online.de wrote:
> May I repeat my proposal with a fully dynamic GUI via XMLGUI?

well, i think we'd need something a bit more flexible (and certainly better
documented =) than XMLGUI to start with. would be interesting to see how
pervasive such a thing could become, though the problem it's addressing would
have to be phrased first.

i really don't know how you'd do things like config dialogs in this fashion
and have them still look decent.

> If you have that, you may also add user levels, which simply are several
> "default" GUI combinations expressed as XMLGUI.

doesn't matter how you implement them, they don't become more effective =) but
yes, a more dynamic GUI would make them easier to do if one wished.

--
Aaron J. Seigo