List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Superlous configuration?
From:       Bernd Pol <bernd.pol () online ! de>
Date:       2005-01-05 21:11:39

Am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005 21:24 schrieb Guillaume Laurent:
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 21:11, Tim Wunder wrote:
> > > Again : do you realize that the vast majority of users aren't
> > > able to decide which option they want, let alone understand the
> > > difference between them ?
> >
> > Not in my experience.
>
> Come explain my mom the difference. I'd love to see that. :-)

Easy:
- Don't need it any more -- delete it, so it's gone forever.
- Not sure about -- put it into the trashcan, where you can get it back
if you want. But take care, it might flood your hard disk.

Even my younger daughter grasped this at once, and she is at loggerheads
with computers otherwise.

So why not keep the delete option as it ever was?

And, by the way: A _normal_ user never is novice!

Have a good day,
Bernd
--
Never trust a running programm--but always respect its makers.