List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Descriptions of KDE packages
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () kurly ! org>
Date:       2004-12-28 20:44:47

Hi.

From time to time, users complain about the description of the KDE packages in
Debian. Sometimes is bad, others incomplete, or they simply don't found the
name of the package searching in the descriptions. I suppose this problem is
not Debian especific, because I suppose portage / urpmi / yum / whatever have
similar functionality in searching packages.

For a lot of applications is easy to solve looking at docs.kde.org, but for
other packages (for example, kioslaves, kfile-plugins, some libraries...) can
be very difficult, especially if a maintainer doesn't use all applications in
a KDE module.

Do you think it is possible and/or valuable to have some common _short_
descriptions (1 or 2 plain text sentences) for this packages? It would be
good to free the packagers, or at least to coordinate them to reuse this
work?

I'm posting this here, because I didn't know if should ask this to the
kde-i18n-doc, kde-quality or kde-promo lists, so feel free to point me in the
right direction.

Greetings.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2