List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Alternate K-Menu designs
From:       Oliver Stieber <oliver_stieber () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-20 20:58:05

> I don't like it. What is done in 2 clicks now, needs
> 4 clicks in your demo.
>
> Just my 2 cents ;-)
>
> -Dennie

My understanding what that you wouldn't need to
'click' at all, the menu just makes sub-menus that are
vertical as well as horizontal, it's a lot easier to
go up-abit , left-abit , up-abit , right-abit then and
get a short list then it is to open a long list and
get scroll blindness trying to select the correct
entry.

I've got several hundred links on my menu(yes I try
everything), with some entries 5 deep, it may be
easier and faster to locate the entries using a 2d
menu system than a 1d one, so I think it's definitely
an idea to play around with and see how it works out.
I'm not sure what the learning curve would be like
though.