List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Alternate K-Menu designs
From:       Dennie Bastiaan <morphie () unravel-music ! nl>
Date:       2004-12-20 17:30:13

On Monday 20 December 2004 04:53, Luke-Jr wrote:
> I've been pondering alternate designs for the K-Menu, and I recently put
> together a UI-demo of one model (CSS/XHTML; Konqueror-only).
> I'd appreciate any comments on usablitiy and possible improvements.
>  http://utopios.org/dev/projects/kde/menu/images/tree/example.html

I don't like it. What is done in 2 clicks now, needs 4 clicks in your demo.
The idea of a revolutionairy design for better usability is great, but this
isn't something I would use or advice anyone. I think you should consider
using the existing KMenu and categorize it in a way you think is most
userfriendly.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

-Dennie