List:       kde-devel
Subject:    free "text to speech" software
From:       "steven powter" <s_powter () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-12-16 8:25:05

Hi everybody,

I apologise -- I had actually asked the same question below previously, but
unfortunately I have since lost record of the responses I got to that email,
hence me having to ask again.

The first question is this : Can anybody please tell me the names of the
free text to speech software projects that available ? I believe 1 is under
active development and 2 are not. But I would still be very interested in
looking at all 3 if possible, and if there are any others, I'd like very
much to be able to look at those too.

Question 2: does anyone know about any "photocopying software" that is -- I
have a scanner and a printer -- so I presume it is possible to then
essentially use my computer as a photocopying machine. I just need to know
which software I might need ? Not sure if the scanner that I bought comes
along with any such software.

Question 3: If one has a document, and you want to store it electronically
-- and preferably in a pdf type format where you only need to scroll down to
get to the next pages of the document, how do you essentially do that ? ie
what software do you need ?

If you can help with those, I'd be very grateful.

Steven Powter