List:       kde-devel
Subject:    filesystem notification
From:       Jonas Widarsson <jonas.widarsson () home ! se>
Date:       2004-12-09 15:22:27

What is the term for notifying applications that files have changed inside a
directory which is under watch?
I'm googling around for "filesystem notifications" and I get hits that mostly
refer to MS Windows or KNotify when trying to be KDE-specific.
If you know anything that is more general in linux it would be perfect, since
it would allow me to write a backend that does not depend on KDE.

Thanks,
Jonas
--
tel: +46 271 121 42