List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Problem with restoring applet's configuration
From:       Micha³_Kosmulski <M.Kosmulski () elka ! pw ! edu ! pl>
Date:       2004-11-29 22:45:01

hello,
I am working on a kicker applet now and have published a preliminary
version (http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=18057), but there
is one issue I wasn't able to solve despite spending quite a lot of time
on it. I use a rather standard way of storing and loading configuration
data (described in several tutorials found on the web) - in my applet
class's constructor I call a function which contains several calls to
config()->readEntry() to load the settings and in the destructor I call
a function which uses calls to config()->writeEntry() in order to save
settings.
The problem is that this only seems to work when I make the applet a
unique one. When I make it not unique, configuration seems to be saved
correctly (config files look OK), but loading it fails miserably. What
is even stranger, the object returned by config() in the constructor
(i.e. the one used for loading configuration) returns false when
hasGroup is called for groups which are obviously present in the config
files. Also, config()->groupList().count() returns 24 which is certainly
false as my config files have exactly 3 groups. I prefer my applet to be
non-unique so I would appreciate any tips regarding restoring
configuration in that mode. Thanks in advance,
Michal

PS: Please CC me in replies, as I'm not a subscriber of this list.

--
Michal Kosmulski
http://hektor.umcs.lublin.pl/~mikosmul/