List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Plea for help with i18n.
From:       Gary Cramblitt <garycramblitt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-11-28 19:37:21

My project (KTTSD) is far enough along now that we are considering moving it
into kde-accessibility and announcing on kde-apps.org.   I'd like to get the
project properly prepared for translation.  I've studied the i18n and
Makefile.am HOWTOs, but still have many questions.  I need a programmer
knowledgeable about i18n to help me please.  Mostly, I need help with
messages targets in Makefile.am, but I also have questions about when to use
KLocale::setMainCatalogue() and some other coding issues.  The project has
KParts, plugins, KCModules, data files that need translation, etc., so it is
not a simple case.

If you want to help, it would be best to download the code from cvs
(kdenonbeta/kttsd) and contact me directly.  I usually hang out in
#kde-accessibility channel on irc.kde.org (freenode) from 6 to 11pm EST (10
pm to 3am GMT) and also weekends.  Mention my nickname to get my attention.

Thanks.
--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer