List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Threading issue?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-25 15:28:27

On Thursday 25 November 2004 16:13, Oliver Stieber wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've been working on modifying the behaviour of  file
> preview in Konqueror so that thumbnails for the files
> in view are loaded first, optionally followed by the
> rest of the thumbnails.

Cool.
Did you know that we have code to do this already for the mimetype-determination-from-the-contents?
kdelibs/kio/kio/kmimetyperesolver.h

> I've add a new function to move items to the front of
> the preview queue, that gets called from kiconview
> whenever the user places the mouse over an icon, or
> when the user scrolls/resizes the view. (see below)
> any Ideas what I'm doing wrong, should I change it to
> a slot? or are there thread safety isses with the
> ThumbNails creators calling back?
??? We don't use threads in KDE (except for a few very isolated places).
There are certainly no threads involved with konqueror's iconviews
(or anything else touching Qt's GUI).

So, you get a crash you don't understand? The usual tip: valgrind --tool=memcheck :)