List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Insert into KIconView
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-22 23:57:36

On 22.Nov 2004 - 00:43:03, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not quite sure if this is the apropriate ML for this, if not
> please redirect me to a proper one.
>
> My problem is that I'd like to insert a new KIconViewItem into a
> KIconView and I need it to be the first! Item. As the constructer
> takes the previous item I tried to us "0" for that, but this inserts
> the new Item at the end of the IconView. I did not find any method to
> explicitly set the index of an item either. Is there a way without
> using sorting (I could create keys and change them, but if there is
> another way, I'd like to avoid that)?

As nobody here seems to be interested in this question or able to
help, I had to find a solution on my own. The current approach is to
use the key and sorting. So everytime I change the position of one
item I walk over the whole list and check wether the key needs an
update. So far it works, even though I did not yet test it with more
than 10 images.

Andreas

--
"Were there no women, men might live like gods."
-- Thomas Dekker