List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bug in moving/overwriting a FOLDER
From:       Christoph Wiesen <chris () deadhand ! com>
Date:       2004-11-19 9:56:49

Am Friday, 19. November 2004 10:43 schrieb David Faure:
> This discussion is amazing.
> You want to let the user overwrite a folder (full of subfolders and files)
> with one new empty folder (or even one file) ?
> How can you make KDE more dangerous than that?
> By pressing the wrong button, the user would lose an entire tree of
> folders? No thanks.
Oh no, there's a misunderstanding here. What should happen is that the folder
that gets "overwritten" (wrong word actually) will contain BOTH the files
that have been there before and the files that came from the overwriting,
That's the way it always worked for me in KDE, and it would be a real problem
if that for some reason stopped working

Cheers,
Chris