List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What has happened to KDE 3.X New Feature Guides
From:       Juan Luis Baptiste <juan.baptiste () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2004-11-17 5:09:59

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 13:50, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 November 2004 07:33, Juan Luis Baptiste wrote:
> > has to be written by core developers that know in deep all of KDE
> > features.
>
> Why a "core developer"? Does he know all applications? Is he better at
> reading the changelog than other humans? Everyone can do this work.

I didn't mean tha a core developer has to know all the "cool" apps from KDE,
but would know wich features from KDE are worth the effort of mentioning, I
mean, from the core apps, like konqueror, the KIO slaves, the panels, etc. We
could then contribute with the "cool" apps, like for example kaffeine,
amarok, juk, etc, to complete the hole picture. Also the changelog only lists
the changes betwenn versions, not all of KDE features.

It would be nice if we could start this in a wiki, maybe some core developer
can start by listing the important things of KDE in the wiki and Lex and I
(and I hope others) can start filling it up.

Cheers,
--
Juan Luis Baptiste
http://www.merlinux.org